Our Commitment to the Planet
One of the most precious qualities of all candles is the fact they are temporary by their very nature – something to be enjoyed and indulge our senses for a finite period of time. However, our most precious and finite resource is our planet, which engages our senses every day of our lives.
Caring for it is a top priority for us and that’s why we’re passionate about creating products that lessen the impact on our environment. We’re constantly looking for new ways to create beautiful, innovative luxury products and we are committed to continually reducing our ecological footprint as we grow.
Here are just some of the steps we’re taking to show our commitment to being as sustainable as possible.
- We only use a 100% plant-based natural blend of soy and coconut wax from sustainable sources in our candles, free from paraffin, petroleum-based products and phthalates.
- We only use GMO-free sustainable rapeseed and coconut wax in our wax melts, free from paraffin, petroleum-based products and phthalates.
- We use wide lead-free woven cotton ribbon wicks in our candles which produce a broad flame, allowing for a truly clean burn with great scent throw without wasteful tunnelling, soot or smoke.
- All our custom-blended premium fragrance & essential oil blends are all cruelty-free and vegan-friendly and do not contain any phthalates or paraben. These oils may be blended with small amounts of essential oils, thoroughly tested and heavily regulated for safe use in candles. We made the decision to use fragrance oil blends over strictly essential oils as not only do you get a better variety of scents and a lower-cost but they do not contribute to the destruction of rainforests or require large areas to cultivate as do some essential oils (such as sandalwood in which an entire tree is destroyed to extract the oil) so are actually more eco-friendly.
- All our premium dyes are cruelty-free and vegan-friendly too and have been thoroughly tested for safe use at home.
- Our labels and foils (including the adhesives used) are all cruelty-free and vegan-friendly.
- Our frosted glass vessels and our tube packaging (including the tin top & bottom) are fully recyclable but they’ve been designed to be repurposed after use (as plant pots, desk caddies, makeup brush holders or whatever your creative heart comes up with!)
- No plastics are ever used in any part of our packaging and we only use recyclable paper tape, recycled paper ‘bubble wrap’ and packing peanuts made from corn starch (which are easily dissolved in water and completely compostable).
- Our tealight samples are provided in a small tin which can easily be cleaned and reused and are packaged in a small recyclable cardboard pillow box.
- Our wax melt samples are provided in a glassine bag which is both recyclable and biodegradable.
- Our tissue paper wrapping is FSC-certified, acid- lignin- and sulphur-free and is printed with soy-based inks.
- Our shipping boxes are made from 80% recycled paper and are fully recyclable.
- Every product we make is hand-poured in small batches from our studio in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
- 95% of our suppliers are UK-based. We are working on making this 100% to reduce our carbon footprint further.
We’re aware we still have plenty more we can do and there is always room for improvement.
We’ll continue to add to this page as we learn and are able to implement positive sustainable practices in everything we do.